Become A LemonAider
If you’d like to join a community of women who are more like you, become a LemonAider. This is for you if…
- You feel like you’ve never truly fitted in (and in some ways you’re a little bit proud of that!).
- You crave more than just the usual superficial chit chat and ‘at the school gate’ topics of conversation.
- You have hopes and dreams which may have been denied, hidden or mocked until now but now it’s time to do something about them.
- You want support from people who accept you for who you actually are, not who you feel you should be.
- You feel alone, lonely and have no-one who you can really talk to beyond a certain level.
- You’re ready to seek out and hear other perspectives, points of view and lifestyle choices (and maybe even try them on for size!).
If any or even all of the above sound like you, we’d love you to join us!
What Do I Get When I Become A LemonAider?
As soon as you join the LemonAid community, you’ll receive:
- LemonAid Juice Bar Membership – a private online community to stay connected with fellow LemonAiders, outside of the meet-ups.
- Meet-ups With A Twist – a standing invitation to our monthly in-person meet-ups (not your usual chit chat!). Currently held in our home town of Newark (UK), though we hope to do many ‘road trips’ and hold ad hoc LemonAid meet-ups wherever there are LemonAiders who want one!
- Day Trips With A Twist – invitations to LemonAid Day Trips – Spa days, Archery workshops, Dancing classes, Forest days and more…
- Private LemonAiders-Only Content – access to all our private letters, blog posts and podcasts.
- Fresh & Juicy Discounts – 10% off all physical products in our online Shop.
Lovely Feedback From Other LemonAiders…
Reading your posts makes me feel braver – not about anything in particular but your honesty and way of writing helps me feel more confident that I can muddle through life, motherhood and my relationship too and am not stuffing it all up too badly! Thank you for sharing 🙂 You both write beautifully and honestly Keep up the amazing work!Sue McCowan
I wanted to write to thank you for your blog. I value your beautifully written words, filled with awareness, wit, honesty and intimacy very highly. I have been through all sorts of ups and downs throughout my adult life and knowing I am a lesbian and that there are others like me has always been a comfort.
Whenever I am lonely or low, I have sought out women who know my stuff because they are living it too. I feel a sense of familial closeness in this which I have not experienced in any other part of my life. Sometimes these connections feel hard to find and hard to access and I end up feeling isolated and a little lost in my own life.
Your blog is such a gift because it is always there whenever I feel alone in my gay life (I live in middle class rural Leicestershire so this is not difficult!) and I feel a little surge of joy when I see a new one has been published. Your words always bring me to tears of being deeply moved, of recognition, connection, of being known and knowing, of joy and sadness and celebration.
I am so glad you two have each other and that you are sharing some of what you are feeling, discovering, struggling with and enjoying because I resonate so closely with your experiences and they bring me such happiness and solidarity. Please never stop!Lucy P
What if I’m not gay? Can I still become a LemonAider?
Absolutely. While our midlife awakening has involved each of us coming out and starting a same-sex relationship, we do realise that not everyone’s journey will include this alternative route!
The themes we talk and write about, both on the blog and at our meet-ups – though they are about our lives and relationship, and we’re obviously gay – are relevant to everyone, of any gender and sexual orientation. These themes include self awareness, personal development, therapy, family life, sex, relationships with ourselves, relationships with each other, relationships with other friends and family, and more. We are frank, honest and as authentic as we can be, and write about each theme from our own experience. This is obviously going to be different for you though we hope you find something of value in us sharing ours.
What happens at the Meet-ups With A Twist?
We usually meet once a month for a couple of hours; these meet-ups are child-free and we ask that LemonAiders attend with an open mind, and ready to listen and share openly. We usually talk around a specific theme which feels common for everyone, and share where we are personally and what’s around for each of us at the moment. This is a chance to get beyond the surface-level chat, and talk openly and deeply about what matters most to you or what you’re struggling with. It is not uncommon for LemonAiders to shed a tear or two, though this is entirely optional!
What happens in the LemonAid Juice Bar?
This is our private online community group where we keep in touch outside of the meet-ups and keep LemonAiders updated about events, meet-ups, challenges and more. We use Slack for this – fear not if this is new to you, it’s easy to use, there’s an app for your phone (and computer) and we’ll show you how to use it as soon as you sign up.
Why is some of the content private?
We share some very personal details which we’d rather not have available for the whole world to see. Yet!
LemonAiders are the curious, the open-minded, and the fellow leapers considering or making their own leap; they are women who find value in reading about others who have also made a leap and are looking for motivation, inspiration and, above all, to know that they are not alone in making those hard decisions and, ultimately, choosing to leap. Some parts of this journey are for those committed to investing in themselves and their journey – we feel the same about ours and want to protect it, nurture it and sometimes share it with only folk we know will ‘get’ it.
Is there a minimum period I have to subscribe for?
No. You can leave at any time, by cancelling your subscription payment in your Paypal account.
To become a LemonAider, subscribe below.